Need to return? No worries
Sometimes things just don’t work out. But we’re not going to leave you on the hook.
We want to keep good quality clothes in circulation, that’s why we offer easy returns with 14 days.
To help us reduce waste, keep your items in their purchased condition with tags attached when you try them on. Items returned in their purchased condition can still be sold on to a new home. This means less stuff in the landfill, and more loved clothes to go around.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can return your order within 14 days of receiving it. The items must be in their purchased condition with tags attached.
Do you live in The Netherlands, Belgium or Germany?
- Email us here to notify of a return. Let us know why with details and a picture.
- We’ll send you a free shipping label.
- Place your items back into their original packaging.
- Stick the free shipping label onto the package.
- Drop it off at your nearest DPD point.
For returns outside the above-mentioned countries, returns are the responsibility of the buyer. You must send your return directly to our address. Not a pickup point.
Our return address is:
Returns are free within the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany region.
If you live outside The Netherlands, Belgium and Germany, returns must be paid at your own cost.
Yes. You can return your order to our office. We’ll be there Mon-Fri, between 8am-5pm.
Your return will be processed by us within 3 business days.
Refunds are always credited back to the payment method used for purchasing.
Please allow 10 working days for bank or payment service to process this.
- Items must be in their original condition with tags and packaging.
- You can try your items on. Check the fit, check the style.
- If you wear them out or remove the tags, we cannot accept the return or offer a refund.
- We must receive your return within 14 days of the day it was delivered to you.
- We cannot accept returns for item defects that were known at purchase. Every item is tagged with the item condition. The item description also mentions stains or small defects. These are reflected with a lower price.
- We cannot refund extra costs incurred from customs, import taxes.
- We cannot refund return costs from outside The Netherland, Belgium and Germany.
At ThriftTale we’re all about reducing waste.
Vintage clothing sizing can be a muddle. With each decade, brand and even tailor having their own ideas of sizes and cuts… Sometimes you’re just not sure.
That’s why every item we post is measured and given the closest current EU size on a standard Size Information table.
But size is only one part. Here’s some other things you can do:
- Check your measurements against the chart.
- You can go with your known clothing size, but it’s always handy to double check yourself with a tape measure.
- Consider the style, cut and fabric of the item.
- The shape of a style can change how it fits.
- The fabric can change how the size feels and how it sits.
- Modern fabrics often have a % of stretch included. Vintage fabrics usually don’t.
- Look closely at the item description and photos.
- Any small stains or defects are always noted in the description. We’ll cut you a bargain though.
- It’s normal for vintage and secondhand clothes to have a small amount of wear and tear. A bit wear still falls under Good condition.
- Our item photos are mostly flatlays (so we can get them up on the site fast and with less costs to you). But a flatlay can make items look wider. Keep that in mind when assessing style.